Fellow podcaster, two-time founder and CEO of Referral Rock Josh Ho joins Ryan in this episode. He talks about his background in engineering and marketing which led him to create Referral Rock, a software company that helps companies design, launch and manage referral programmes. Josh reveals the secrets to harnessing the power of referrals and how to scale a business effectively.
- Referral Rock’s Primary go-to-market is an SEO inbound marketing focus.
- Josh and his team built Referral Rock to focus on data, branding and engagement to help companies harness the unique power of referral programmes.
- Referral Rock focus on larger companies with a pre-existing brand focus, as referrals work best when you have this, and RR software is most effective when it is built around enough volume
- Through founding his first business, Josh learnt two things, that he wanted to sell to businesses and how to use marketing and SEO effectively to get customers
- Referrals can go a lot ‘deeper’ than most people think. Everyone knows what a referral company is, but many don’t understand the best way to make them work in modern business.
- Not all referrals are incentive or money based.
- The brands that have the potential to do referrals best are those that already have recommendations, but they don’t easily recognise or track them.
- Referral programmes have so many options and advantages, Referral Rock allows you to get to know your customers and use your data creatively.
- Referral Rock aims to get a 10-15% uplift from the referral programmes they build for companies.
“We’re profitable with 20 people”
“The dream of building software that makes money while you sleep”
“You had the right idea, just the wrong timing”
“Am I just incentivising the wrong behaviour?”
“We’ll investigate that brand a bit and get that baseline number so we have something to compare to”
“Our metric to focus on are engaged members”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.