Mike Montague is a fellow podcaster, author and the director of community at Sandler Training. He joins Ryan to talk about how he got started in marketing and his book as well as giving many online marketing tips for various platforms including LinkedIn and YouTube and also reveals the number one reason people don’t listen to your podcast!
- Mike was gifted with computers at a young age, he was programming from 8th grade!
- Mike got into internet marketing after creating and hosting a successful internet radio station in the mid to late 00s.
- You need to create forward-looking profiles, talking about who you want to speak to and attract and talk about the problems you solve, making your profile outwardly focus rather than simply about you and your services.
- You can demonstrate your experience in a variety of ways such as hosting events and creating valuable content.
- People can get too focused on getting more followers and likes but what matters is what you are doing with the audience you already have, are you serving them well and getting good engagement?
- Stop putting things off and waiting for perfection, just get yourself out there and build consistency in all you do.
“When I was young, so was the internet”
“There are things you can to do build your credibility but it’s not what you think”
“Everybody moves too fast, it’s the hard work you actually do that builds a business”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.