Ryan interviews Greg Rich, CEO of Vivantio, a SaaS company providing service management solutions. Greg started working in customer service at age 13 in his family’s business and co-founded Vivantio in the early 2000s to fill a gap in the market for cloud-based service management software.
Greg talks about keeping up with rapid advancements in AI and using it to improve customer experiences. He shares how Vivantio scaled from nothing to $5 million in ARR through channel partnerships, expanding to the large U.S. market, and focusing on customer education. Greg discusses the challenges of scaling marketing and sales as Vivantio transitions to a high-growth organization. Tune in to hear Greg’s unique origin story and his vision to reach $20 million ARR in the next few years.
Join 2,500+ readers getting weekly practical guidance to scale themselves and their companies using Artificial Intelligence and Revenue Cheat Codes.
- Greg Identified an untapped market for cloud-based service management SaaS in the early 2000s.
- He leveraged partnerships to fill the sales gap without significant cost early on. Greg was also creative in using low-cost marketing and pay-per-click to grow.
- Vivantio focuses messaging on educating customers about service optimization, education is key and Greg’s customer service background has enabled him to create and foster a customer-centric culture.
- Vivantio expanded to the U.S. in 2011, and now 50% of revenue comes from the U.S. market.
- Greg has developed tech to leverage customer data and AI to provide industry benchmarking as well as predictive analysis.
- The biggest challenge when transitioning to high growth is scaling marketing and sales.
“One of the first things we did was realize that Russ and I weren’t sales and marketing people…how do we fill that gap without the money to pay people?”
“We leveraged our relationship with partners who were able to fill that gap we didn’t have.”
“Now 50 per cent of our customers are in the U.S.”
“My biggest challenge is go-to-market – how do we scale, reach more people, get our message across succinctly?”
Founder and CEO
This show was brought to you by Progressive Media