Peter is the former VP of sales at the CRM platform HubSpot, he reported directly to the CEO and started when they had just 100 customers! Listen in to this episode as he breaks down and shares the number 1 strategy he learned from Hubspot which he now uses at his current company, Databox. He also discusses the importance of data-driven decisions as well as how Databox differentiate its product from others on the market.
- It has taken Databox just 6 years to go from zero to close to $6.2 million ARR
- Databox’s go-to-market focus is around being a ‘freemium’ product. They rely on customers paying to upgrade to further services.
- Demand for Databox’s product is mostly created via organic SEO and recently they have added some outbound and brand-building techniques such as Podcasting.
- Companies produce so much data just from operating, Databox enables companies to have visuals of all their data on a central platform.
- Performance focus in management is how Peter believes HubSpot scaled so quickly. He said the culture meant that almost everyone ‘had a number on their head’. There was always a process to check each and every thing that was being done throughout the organisation.
- Empowering people to own their pieces of the business is one of the most important lessons Peter learnt at Hubspot and something he built Databox foundations on.
“The trick with our product -vs- other freemium products is customer-dashboard software, every customer set-up process is unique”
“A big proportion of our customers are marketing agencies and consultants who use the software to report results to clients”
“It was fairly bottoms up in terms of empowering people to own their piece of the business, that was a really valuable thing for me to learn”
“Numbers are pretty important when it comes to finding those opportunities and whether they work or not”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
Saas, Saas growth, Scale, Business Growth, B2b Saas, Saas Sales, Enterprise Saas, Business growth strategy, founder, ceo: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.