Christian Keltz is the founder and CEO of UserGems, which runs an AI-driven prospecting solution that enables companies to drive effective growth and prevent churn by keeping track of job changes for key contacts and accounts. Enabling them to create a bigger pipeline and faster sales cycles. He was also a leader in Google´s product group and has held important positions at McKinsey and Microsoft.
Christian talks about the experience of starting out using Y Combinator funding and pivoting multiple times. Including how he managed while nearly running out of money several times over 5 years, before breaking through and experiencing 10x growth. Using the data, he has built up across a large sample size he dives deep into how the current market conditions are impacting the way decision-makers buy.
- Sales and marketing have to be highly orchestrated to be effective.
- Pipeline anxiety is an issue that can be avoided.
- UserGem was bootstrapped before becoming funded. In the episode, Christian explains why he did it like this.
- It is possible to develop product and business ideas fast. Put together a regular timeline then ask yourself what can I do to launch in just 2 days? Doing this forces you to innovate, think about crazy options, and greatly accelerate the idea to launch timeframe.
- Work efficiently, so you can avoid having to seek further funding.
- When a buyer/decision maker leaves a company, you need to know where they go, so you can sell to them there. As well as know who is replacing them, so you don´t lose a customer. In the current market, retaining customers is rightly seen by business owners as vital.
- AI enables you to identify who the stakeholders are, as well as what type of contact/conversation you need to have with each one, and when.
- The future of sales and marketing tech will be more about orchestrating the individual actions of who is who and reaching out to them in the right order, at the right time, and in the right way.
“Instead of looking at how you could double over the next year, ask what you would need to do to multiply yourself x10”
“Just because a customer is asking for it, doesn´t mean they will pay for it.”
“It’s about reaching out to the very same people with the very same message at the same time across all the channels you can.”
“Over the past 3 or 4 months all of our conversations are focused on actual churn prevention.”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
UserGems website – https://www.usergems.com/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/christiankletzl
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business, or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEOs, and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom, and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
Saas, Saas growth, Scale, Business Growth, B2b Saas, Saas Sales, Enterprise Saas, Business growth strategy, founder, ceo: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.