Angelina Lawton is the founder and CEO of Sportsdigita. A trailblazer in the sports world, Angelina has been named one of the 30 most powerful women in sport by Forbes! Angelina talks to Ryan about how she has transformed the way that over 450 of the biggest brands in the world market and sell, from massive sports brands to Fortune 500 companies and reveals how they generate referrals systematically as well as the lows and highs of her business journey.
- Inbound sales and referrals are the majority of Sportsdigita’s market strategy. More recently they have spent time building their outbound and lead generation.
- Digideck is Sportsdigita’s core product, which is a programme for building cloud-based presentations and includes integration with Salesforce and other platforms.
- The sports world has a herd mentality but can be difficult to penetrate. Angelina hired salespeople who already had existing relationships with the sports world and then the referrals began pouring in.
- Recognising what your business is at the core is essential. It took Angelina time to figure out that she was actually building and running a software business, once she did she hired people with the skills she was missing to aid scaling and success.
- Angelina and others like her, expect bigger brands to be on point and up to date with their branding and marketing but so often she has found this not to be the case in actual fact, they are the companies that need the most help and guidance.
- Sportsdigita is starting to figure out how AI will fit into its business and how to leverage it whilst recognising the importance of the human influence in content and marketing.
“Think PowerPoint but on steroids”
“Sports is a herd mentality”
“AI is on the horizon and we know it’s surrounding us and we’ve got to figure out what to do with it”
“We do think there is always going to be that human component, guiding the content”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.