Erik Kostelnik is the CEO of the sales and marketing platform Postal. To date, Postal has over 600 b2b customers, has raised 35 million in capital and has grown to a series B company in just 2 years. Erik has 3 successful exits under his belt including a sale to Twitter, Postal is also a product Ryan himself uses and recommends highly!
Erik talks about why Postal is an enterprise-first organisation, the insane growth companies can gain from using an offline-marketing strategy and the importance of community in the modern marketing world.
- There aren’t many businesses right now that focus on offline engagement. This was a gap Postal recognised and capitalised on.
- By focusing on communities and value, Postal help companies develop their offline presence and build engagement in a unique and tactile way.
- Campaigns are all about the ‘when’ and the ‘what’. Companies need a systematic approach towards campaigns so that they can reliably track and test them.
- Ensure you hire people that haven’t reached the pinnacle of their career yet, you want them to still want to prove something and have that drive.
- Be open to adapting and changing your current strategy to align with your sector and find a true product-market fit.
- The current best operators in technology are probably the companies that will be able to afford and invest in the future of tech.
“Building technology around helping companies build eCommerce and touch points is a very powerful thing”
“It’s not about the stuff, it’s about creating a love language”
“We remember the last thing sent to us; we don’t remember the last email we received”
“We’re still learning, we’re still early days”
“I encourage everyone to take a good look at product market fit and the sector you’re going after”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.