Maarten Verwaest is the founder and CEO of Limecraft, which takes technology, automation and AI to help media companies manage their workflows and include clients such as Associated Press.
Not only has Maarten founded 3 SaaS companies, but he has also facilitated 2 successful exits and in this episode talks about how he initially created capital for a $ 3 million MVP as well as shares the knowledge that saved him from closing down; instead adding 10% growth month on month!
- Initially, Limecrafts primary go-to-market strategy for growing revenue was trade shows due to the high trust base and network-heavy industry of media. But since their surge in demand in 2020, they have started to focus on content marketing in-house.
- Limecraft gives companies the gift of time, they automate repetitive work allowing companies to focus on the true creative elements.
- If you eliminate repetitive tasks and focus on high-value ones, you also increase your ability to scale and grow.
- Focusing on the retention of existing customers and referrals is one of the ways Limecraft has been able to grow at the rate they have.
- It took a lot of trial and error for Limecraft to get to the successful pricing model they have built today. They learnt the most from their early clients and their thoughts around what pricing fit and worked for them.
- Limecraft got its competitive advantage by listening to the difficulties and pain points their industry and clients were struggling with and addressing them. When it came to scaling, they knew exactly what to do and what they needed to focus on solving.
- Creatives and the creative industry don’t generally care about the ins and outs of technology, they just simply want it to work for them, so this is what Limecraft focus on.
- Mainstream AI is not currently well adapted for video content. Maarten feels like it’s his duty to make people understand and recognise this.
“We automate repetitive work”
“Our net revenue retention is 25% without having to do any additional sales”
“If you’re developing a SaaS company you need to filter out the good early adopters, they will challenge you, they will help you figure out what pricing works”
“Creative people don’t give a shit about technology, they just want it to work”
“90% of the text it recognises is plan bullsh*t it’s nothing to do with the video”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
Saas, Saas growth, Scale, Business Growth, B2b Saas, Saas Sales, Enterprise Saas, Business growth strategy, founder, ceo: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.