Ken Babcock is the co-founder and CEO of Tango, which allows users to create bespoke, flexible, and aesthetically pleasing step-by-step tutorials. Ken was a former product lead and data scientist at Uber and managed to secure the same investors as Slack! Join Ken and Ryan as they discuss Ken’s entrepreneurial journey and his tips for viral growth.
- Referrals and influencer marketing have been two of the biggest go-to-market strategies Tango have implemented. They are a product-led growth company so casting a wide net and endorsements are key.
- An influencer’s following isn’t the most important metric, a sometimes narrow, but targeted audience is more effective.
- Tango allows you to create documentation in your flow of work. As you work, Tango creates a step-by-step link in the background. It then allows you to edit all in one place.
- After working at Uber, Ken was inspired to go to Harvard business school in preparation to start his own entrepreneurial journey.
- This is where he met his co-founders for Tango and he dropped out mid-way to start Tango, a risk that paid off.
- The referral-driven elements of Tango have been really powerful for their growth.
- The pain points around documentation are mostly felt by the end user, which is why Tango focus on being a product-led company.
- Knowing that customer service teams are one of their main demographics, Ken and his team focused on influencers that work within this space.
“There’s a collaborative element to Tango that brings a lot of users onto the platform”
“It’s packaging a lot of stuff that’s freely available but disparate and putting it all in one product”
“It was a culture of the best idea wins…people were really empowered to take action”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.