Ryan is joined by Chad Ingram, CEO and founder of Distro, a platform where you can find, hire and pay remote developers. Chad talks about why he created Distro and how it solves one of the biggest problems in tech. The three-time founder also shares his philosophical and tactical takeaways from his experience in business.
- Distro is primarily product-focused, they are trying to make the balance between this and acquiring new customers, without compromising on quality.
- Previously you could either pay developers more money to retain them or you could contract a Dev shop to build your product. Distro created a third option for businesses.
- Distro is Chad’s third founding company, previous to this he created both an employee benefits platform (Beny) and a customer engagement company (Jump).
- After discovering how much he spent on Dev in his previous company and recognising how easily and frequently developers would move jobs, Chad was inspired to create a better solution. This is why he founded Distro.
- It’s been the norm in recent years to brag about headcount, the bigger the number the better in some cases. However, Chad predicts this is beginning to change, due to a lack of talent and a downturn in Capital.
- Companies are getting more creative about alternatives in hiring and building companies, particularly in roles and positions that they would have only considered as in-house staff previously.
- You can solve most problems with capital but when you do so, you aren’t using your entrepreneurship skills and finding alternative solutions.
- Being clear on your company values and it’s mission creates a clear path to enable growth.
- To scale a company, you have to continue to do the ‘hard things’, over and over again.
“With Distro, we created an alternative to hiring a dev shop”
“Being a SaaS business the majority of the expense on the P & L was headcount”
“There’s just not as much talent now to meet the demand of these growing tech companies”
“How we behave are our core values”
Do You Want The Closing Secrets That Helped Close Over $125 Million in New Business for Free?” Grab them HERE: https://www.whalesellingsystem.com/closingsecrets
Founder and CEO
ABOUT THE SHOW
How do you grow like a VC-backed company without taking on investors? Do you want to create a lifestyle business, a performance business or an empire? How do you scale to an exit without losing your freedom?
Join the host Ryan Staley every Monday and Wednesday for conversations with the brightest and best Founders, CEO and Entrepreneurs to crack the code on repeatable revenue growth, leadership, lifestyle freedom and mindset.
This show has featured Startup and Billion Dollar Founders, Best Selling Authors, and the World’s Top Sales and Marketing Experts like Terry Jones (Founder of Travelocity and Chairman of Kayak), Andrew Gazdecki (Founder of Micro Acquire), Harpal Sambhi (Founder of Magical with a previous exit to Linkedin) and many more.
This is where Scaling and Sales are made simple in 25 minutes or less.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.